Finding out who to speak with about your defaulted student loans can be difficult especially if you do not remember who to speak with. Fortunately the Department of Education has set up a system to find your student loans.

ll federally backed student loans you have, along with repayment status, is entered into the National Student Loan Data System. To see what types of federall back student loans you have:

  1. Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) from the Department of Education:
  2. Use the PIN to look up your loans in the National Student Loan Data System:     

If you borrowed commercial student loans, you can check their status by requesting a credit report at

Below is a list of Federal Student loan servicers where you need to contact to resolve your student loan issues:

Cornerstone Education Loan Services1-800-663-1662
Direct Loan Servicing Center1-800-848-0979
EdFinancial Services1-855-337-6884
FedLoan Servicing (PHEAA)1-800-699-2908
Granite State Management and Resources1-888-556-0022
Great Lakes Educational Loan Services1-800-236-4300
OSLA Servicing1-866-264-9762
Sallie Mae1-800-722-1300